Blue cruise to Rhodes: Best beaches and Top Attractions
The warm and calm seas of Turkey’s Turquoise Coast are ideal for cruising. There are many alternatives from which you can choose and one of the most popular is to move between Turkey and Greece where local relations between the two countries are excellent. The inhabited islands off the Turkish Coast are all Greek but that does not detract from what is certain to be a great relaxing holiday.
Greece Turkey Blue Cruises allow passenger to get a flavour of both countries and one of the most popular cruises takes in the island of Rhodes that offers so much. The Colossus, one of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World, has long gone but the Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is just one of the many things to enjoy.
History and Culture
You will certainly enjoy walking around the Old Town though if you are holidaying in the middle of summer ensure you have plenty of water and your head is covered. If you have been cruising for a while before going ashore at Rhodes Town you will have realised that the sun can be intense.
The highlights of the island are:
- Palace of Grand Master of Knights (Rhodes Town)
- Archaeological Museum of Rhodes where you can see many exhibits from the time when the Crusaders lived on the Island.
- Kahal Kadosh Shalom Synagogue which is now a museum as well.
- The ruins at Lindos with the Acropolis probably the major attraction.
- Monastery Tsambika (Kolimbia)
- The Church of the Panagia (Lindos)
- Church of Our Lady of Filerimos (Rhodes Town)
The Island’s Beaches
There are several beaches on the island and those cruising around its extensive coastline can stop at any of them or anywhere else for that matter.
- St Pauls Bay is close to Lindos
- Lindos has its own beach and plenty of evening entertainment if you want a night ashore.
- Tsambika is a great sandy beach
- Anthony Quinn Bay in Faliraki ensures that the film ‘Zorba the Greek’ endures in everyone’s memory though of course Quinn was a Mexican.
- Agathi Beach is particularly good for those that enjoy snorkelling.
- Pefkos Beach is ideal for those staying in the resort of the same name.
And there’s more!
If you are enjoying Luxury gulets on your Turkey holidays you will enjoy the meals provided on board. Everything is fresh with the chance of catching fish for the evening BBQ. You won’t go hungry if you don’t catch anything but an experienced crew can usually guarantee something.
Rhodes has plenty of good restaurants and if you want to get a flavour of how the Greeks use the region’s wonderful fresh produce there is nothing to stop you going ashore for an evening meal before returning to your gulet.