Fethiye Blue Cruises Turkey
Fethiye is the popular town on the southern coast of Turkey and one of the most popular spots to pick up a Fethiye to Olympos blue cruise. Fethiye has a lot to offer on its own. Being located only 14 kilometres from the famous Oludeniz beach you have everything on your door step from paragliding to ancient sights to a great old town to spend your time shopping. Fethiye is the starting point and ending point for many cruises so you will always find it bustling in the summer months and there will always be a warm welcome from any of the locals. Fethiye is a spot not to miss.
Fethiye maybe the meeting point or end point for the famous Fethiye Olympos blue cruises and Private Yacht charters but there is also so much to do here, you can easily spend a few days to explore and enjoy. Be sure not to miss out on our tips of what not to miss whilst in Fethiye.
1) Be sure to make your way down to Oludeniz Beach to swim in the beautiful aquamarine waters. You may even choose to pay to enter the famous Blue Lagoon or just enjoy seeing it from a distance as you float in the beautiful waters of the most photographed beach in Europe. Be sure to look out for all the blue cruise boats heading past this popular stop.
2) Be sure to climb up to visit the Ancient Lycian Tombs for sunset. Not only will you get to enjoy the tombs in their splendor with the sunset hitting them, but also you will get to enjoy a great panoramic view over all of Fethiye.
3) Walk through the old town of Paspatur for your local spot of shopping. Be sure to wander through day and night to really enjoy the atmosphere of the place. Be tempted by one of the many shops selling their beautiful Turkish goods, or you may just want to take a seat in one of the many on offer in bar street and enjoy a cool drink.
4) Get on the local bus and head to the secluded beaches on the other side of Fethiye Harbour. During the week the beaches can be quiet and secluded enough that you maybe able to enjoy them to yourself.
5) Time it right to visit the local markets that are held a few times throughout the week. Here you can bargain on your shopping spree or just enjoy looking at all the locals lay out their freshly grown produce for sale. Be sure to grab a fresh Turkish pancake – gozleme whilst there.
Best places to eat!
There are so many great choices for places to eat in Fethiye, whether you want to sit down at a restaurant or grab a quick bite to eat from a take away shop, your taste buds will not be disappointed.
1) Fish Market. You cannot go past the Fish Market when in Fethiye. Whether you are a fish eater or not it is well worth the visit. Walk in to check out all the local fresh seafood on offer. If you choose to eat, grab what you want from the fish mongers then take your pick of the restaurants lining the square and they will cook it for you whilst offering salad, bread and many tasty mezes.
2) Mozaik Restaurant. This is the locals’ pick and the passing through tourists thinks its pretty good too. Be sure to turn up here hungry. Mozaik serve delicious large meaty meals from the East of Turkey. Great kebab and chicken dishes on offer and a delicious vegetarian meze plate is also on offer. Be sure to get here early to get a table, as they do not take reservations.
3) For the best kebab in Turkey head to Yengen Burger on the main road of Fethiye just opposite Fethiye Harbour, around all the banks. Looks like a fast food hamburger joint, but what you get is the best tasting kebab in town, in fact all of Turkey.
4) There are many restaurants lining the long harbour of Fethiye and one of the pick of the bunch would have to be Hilmi. Delicious seafood dishes or fantastic mezes on offer to satisfy all peoples taste buds. Plus with a view to boot, you cannot go wrong.
5) If you are after just some standard Turkish food, nothing to fancy or even just some local grub from home check out Megri at the edge of the Old Town. A favourite with the locals it is always pumping out local and international dishes for a good price.
Best places to drink!
In the Old Town Paspatur you will find the most popular spot to go drinking – Bar Street. You will find your pick along there, but also venture a little further for some other great places to end the day over a cold beverage.
1) Car Cemetery. For a great night out you cant go past the ever-popular Car Cemetery. Found on the main bar street in the Old Town you will recognise it with the car popping out of the roof as you walk down the street. With local bands playing most nights and a DJ in between you can sit out in the streets and enjoy the music whilst chatting with friends or bust a move or two on the dance floor. This is one of the most popular bars for all the Turkey gulet cruise customers to have a drink.
2) Café Park Terrace. For a drink with a view, walk a little further out of the main part of town and find Café Park Terrace. With a huge terrace overlooking Fethiye Harbour you cannot miss this place for a sunset tipple whilst in town. Amazing views whilst enjoying a cold one.
3) Corner Bar. Found just on the main round about in town and just around the corner from popular bar street you can not miss Corner Bar for the best cocktails in town. The super friendly staff has some awesome music tastes too, so for some more local sounds head here and chill out on their roof top bar and be sure not to miss the fruit daiquiris – the best in town.
4) If coffee is your thing then head along the waterfront to Café Osmanli – it has the infamous “movember moutasche” as its symbol so you cant go wrong in recognising it. They have loads of coffees on the menu and some pretty tasty cakes too.
5) If drinks down on the beach sound too good to miss then be sure to stop in at Buzz Bar and enjoy a cocktail on their open deck overlooking beautiful Oludeniz beach.
Gulet Cruises starting from Fethiye
Fethiye is one of the most popular spots to join on a Turkish blue cruise. In Fethiye harbour you will find all kind of sailing yachts and gulets. The standard style gulet are the ones that tend to do the voyages in and out of Fethiye, but you can also view some impressive luxury gulets in harbour. The Fethiye to Olympos Blue Cruise is probably the most popular cruise departing from Fethiye. You can also jump on a Fethiye to Marmaris cruise. These Fethiye cruises are either 4 day options or return to Fethiye full week cruises. Another option to enjoy blue cruising is to Chartering a Private Gulet, there are various standards of gulets from Small boats to Luxury Gulets and Motor yachts available to charter in Fethiye.