Olympos Blue Cruises Turkey
Olympos is a very small village along the coastline of Turkey a few hours away from Antalya. It is a popular spot for many tourists as it's the perfect place to really take some time out and relax on the beach. It is also the starting or ending point to the very popular Olympos to Fethiye blue cruise. You can easily spend a day or two here either side of your cruise to just chill out.
Want to learn more?
Olympos is the total chill out place on your Turkey travels. Time to kick off the travelling shoes, lay down your pack and take some time out. Being the popular ending spot or start for the Fethiye Blue Cruises, Olympos stays well on the tourist route in Turkey.
1) Olympos Beach. The main attraction in Olympos is the beach. Everyone spends their day down there before returning back to their accommodation in the evening. Be sure to seek out your spot on the beach and enjoy the beautiful Mediterranean sun and swim the day away. Some of our yacht charters and blue cruises from Antalya visit here.
2) Olympos Ruins. As you wander down to the beach through the National Park you will get to wander through the ancient ruins that are scattered throughout the bush land. Take your time and get off the beaten track to explore the ruins that are found here before you lay your towel down for the day.
3) Chimera – Eternal Flame. Not far from Olympos you can find the optional excursion to take you to visit the eternal flame. The natural gases in the area have created these pockets of fire that stay lit throughout day, night and all weather conditions. If you get sick of just chilling you can always ask your guesthouse for details.
4) Local gozleme. On your way down to the beach are some local ladies doing what they do best – making the delicious Turkish pancakes, gozleme. After working up an appetite doing not much on the beach be sure to stop in for one on the way or way back. They are well worth the pit stop.
Best places to eat!
The thing with Olympos is that there is just the one road in, one road out and it’s lined with pensions and guesthouses. With not much more on offer your accommodation will offer you a package that will always include breakfast and dinner, so there is usually no need to seek out any other meals in the day, unless you think you can fit in a gozleme.
Best places to drink!
Olympos is famously known for its beach and then pretty much its nightlife. Most of the guesthouses will have an in house bar to chill at and have a few, but if you think you want a bit more of a party scene then seek out some of these local bars that tend to kick off later into the evening.
1) Bull Bar. Found up at Kadirs Treehouse, Bull Bar has probably been around the longest and one of the most popular bars to drink at. It gets lively late in the evening with music and a very social atmosphere. You will find Kadir locals here as well as many others staying in near by pensions.
2) Cactus Bar. Found about half way along the main Olympos Road Cactus Bar tends to host more alternate walks of life and some great live music every night. Be sure to see the house band most nights with guests throughout the summer season. A very chilled and friendly atmosphere and quite a popular choice in Olympos.
3) Sabans. Although one of the larger guesthouses in Olympos, their front yard is dedicated to their bar and it tends to be quite a lively atmosphere. So if you want to just chill and have a chat then grab a seat and a cold drink in Sabans yard. This is accually where our busses depart from or arrive to before / after Olympos Fethiye blue cruises.
Gulet Cruises starting from Olympos
Olympos is the end destination in the popular Fethiye to Olympos Blue cruises. These popular Turkish gulet cruises anchor down in Demre harbour and then people are transferred onto Olympos by bus. You can either end your blue cruise from Fethiye in Olympos or choose to do it in reverse and join the Fethiye Blue cruise starting from Olympos. Another option to enjoy blue cruising from Olympos is to Chartering a Private Gulet, there are various standards of gulets from Small boats to Luxury Gulets and Motor yachts available in the ports Nearby such as Kemer, Kas, Demre and Fethiye to charter, please contact us for further information.