Kas Blue Cruises Turkey
Kas is a beautiful small fishing village that lies in between Fethiye and Antalya. Kas attracts thousands each summer due to its unspoilt village feel, its stunning accessible beaches and the great shopping that is on offer. Kas is also a popular stop off point and embarking point for the popular blue cruises between Fethiye and Olympos. Kas has some real charm about it. The cobblestone streets are lined with old ottoman homes covered in bougainvillea and the main square is the meeting point in the evening to come, sit have a drink at one of the many bars lining the square or join the others sitting along the harbour. Kas can easily become one of your favourite spots along your Turkey trip.
Kas really is a charming small fishing village. Said to be one of many people’s favourite stopovers, it is a great place for a quiet get away, but you will actually find out there is more to do then you think. Beyond the cobblestone streets and the beautifully lined bougainvillea lane ways you will find there are some things that are really on the must see list whilst you stay in Kas. Kas is one of our main stop for Gulet cruises or Yacht charters. Depending on the cruise itinerary, our yachts stop over in Kas for few hours or overnight.
1) Daily boat tour. Kas Harbour is small enough for you to see all the boat tours that are on offer each day. Take your pick and get out of the streets for the day and spend the day on the beautiful waters that surround Kas. You have a few options to just cruise along and enjoy the beautiful bays for swimming but you can also find daily boat trips that will take you onto the area of Kekova and the Sunken City. You will also see all the passing blue cruise boats passing throughout the harbour. We have few gulets in Kas available for Private charters as well.
2) Diving. Said to the best place in Turkey to do diving you can spend a day or more diving some of the best spots in the area. There are all levels of diving on offer and even courses you can undertake to become a fully qualified diver whilst staying in Kas.
3) Kaputas Beach. This is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Turkey and is quite a busy place on a hot summers day, but worth the trip. You can get a local bus out of Kas to visit the beautiful site and be sure to take your photos from the top of the stairs before you descend for the day.
4) Limanagzi Bay. There are a few pebbled beaches scattered throughout Kas or you can dive into the ocean from the many concrete platforms. However, if you want a nice day away from the main hustle and bustle of Kas then head to Limanagzi Bay. You can either get a little shuttle boat over or can even walk there if you feel like the challenge. Relax on shore whilst admiring the beautiful swimming spot as well as the gulets that Fethiye gulet cruise.
5) Gulet cruise. We offer 2 night 3 day Gulet cruises available departing few times of the week from Kas harbour. The most popular routes are Kas to Fethiye gulet cruise or Kas to Demre Olympos gulet cruise.
Best places to eat!
Kas has some great places to eat and the atmosphere of a nighttime in Kas is lively and good fun. It’s well worth taking a stroll after sunset to find the perfect place to eat. We think these are the pick of the bunch.
1) Retro Bistro. A newer addition to the many restaurants in Kas, Retro Bistro is found in the main hub of the shopping part of Kas. Serving up your not so traditional Turkish fare the food here is always filling and a good little interruption to Turkish food if you feel like you need something else to tantalize those taste buds.
2) Turkuaz Restaurant Meyhane. This is a great little place in the heart of Kas that serves up such a variety of Turkish dishes you will be sure to find something on the menu for everyone. The meze plate is always a popular choice and their Turkish casseroles are delicious and plentiful.
3) Natur-el. This is a great little restaurant that has delicious old ottoman style food as well as some modern day classics. There is a menu for food served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The staff will welcome you in like a long lost family member.
Best places to drink!
Kas has a great nightlife that tends to spill out into the main square and harbour. So even though you maybe drinking in one of the bars around the square you are welcome to just go plonk yourself down along the harbour edge, make a new friend and enjoy the atmosphere. The pick of the bars we think are worth checking out are.
1) Mavi Bar. Right in the heart of where it all happens at nighttime. Mavi Bar is right in the harbour at the main square and you can easily recognise it by its small colourful chairs. Get there early enough to grab one or just order your drinks from the harbours edge.
2) Queen Bar. For a place to kick onto and enjoy a dance into the evening get yourself along to Queen Bar. You will be welcomed by super friendly staff and enjoy the music enough for a dance or enjoy the views from their balcony.
3) Red Point. If you are looking for the all night place to party in Kas then head onto Red Point. Here you will find the all nighters dancing as the sun starts to rise over the harbour.
Gulet Cruises starting from Kas
Kas is a midway point for the popular Blue Cruises that run along the coastline of Turkey. These very popular gulet cruises pass through Kas on their second day. So if you are running short of time but do not want to miss out on the amazing blue cruise experience, then be sure to look into the shorter cruises departing from Kas. You can either join the Fethiye Blue cruise option or the cruise down to Olympos.